Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wrapping It Up

 
   We have offically made it! The school year is finally coming to an end and so are our blogs. Through out this entire school year, for each of the four quarters, I have read a new book and completed the Read For A Lifetime program. During my junior year in English class, I have really seen my reading skills incease and I have watched each blog grade increase.I have really enjoyed blogging over different books. The many things I enjoyed about blogging was the freedom of no prompt as time went on and we came up with more blog post. Another great thing I really enjoyed was the whole idea from keeping in contact with another school that is heavily active in the blog world. Keeping in contact with you by skyping was great and getting to comment on eachothers blog gives us many ideas for our own and helps us connect to them.


     The four books Ive read this semester are Please Ignore Vera Dietz, Willow, What Happened to Goodbye, and Three Black Swans. All of them were great books but if I had to choose a favorite I would choose Please Ignore Vera Dietz. If anyone is in question of whether or not the prrogam has great books to choose from, it definitley does. Participate in the Read for a Lifetime program benifitted me by exposing the many different types of books there are. Blogging also beniftted me by helping me break down the reading material for better understanding for myself, and for others. I want to thank Mrs. Hayes for exposing me to the blogging world and letting us use this as a way to complete a great program!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Laura from Fremd High School. I also really liked the freedom that came along with blogging. Our school does not participate in the Read for a Lifetime Program,however it seems like a good idea. We have one section in our library with award winning books, but it's not required or anything. As long as there are still a good selection of books, I wouldn't mind having to choose from a list like that. Anyway, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Im Jose from Fremd High School. I have also greatly enjoyed blogging this year because it really does provide freedom and a place where we can pour our opinions of books and other matters. It has been really fun to blog with your school because we get to see another form of blogging and even more perspectives. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm Jenavieve from Fremd High School. I liked the fact that we weren't given a prompt and told to write about it through blogging. It made blogging so much more fun. Also, we didn't have to write in a certain format. You could hear the voice of other bloggers by the way they said things. It was totally informal. That is sort of refreshing. Good blog post!

    ReplyDelete